When it comes to getting well-tailored, custom-made clothing, Bangkok has stood as a renowned hub for men’s and women’s tailoring for a long time. Since Thailand’s initial tailoring boom when American soldiers were stationed here several decades ago, the tailoring industry has only grown further. But choosing the right tailor can be the difference between a satisfactory suit that might hold up for a few months and an exceptional one.
How Do You Identify a Good Bangkok Tailor?
- Expertise and Experience: Seek a tailor with a solid reputation and extensive experience. It’s pivotal to look for a tailor who has honed their craft over the years and gained expertise in various styles. Part of this is also the trust factor – you’re getting custom-tailored clothing, so you will likely be paying upfront, and it’s much easier to trust a name that has been around for some time. How likely is it that a tailor with decades of experience would be untrustworthy? Unless you have an unrelated reason to believe so, it’s probably not very likely.
- Fabric Selection: Ask to see the selection of fabrics the tailor has at their shop – both what they have on hand and what they may have at their warehouse. The tailor shop may have different qualities of fabrics, so be sure to ask about prices as well.
- Customisation and Personalisation: A good tailor will offer extensive customisation options and provide personalised consultations to meet your specific requirements. After all, you are getting custom clothing and these clothes should be made to reflect your individuality and sense of style in a way no ready-to-wear equivalent can.
- Customer Testimonials: Check online reviews or ask for references. Satisfied customers are a clear testament to the tailor’s quality and reliability. At the same time, it’s important to not take online reviews at face value, perhaps without digging a little deeper.
- Price: This one’s a bit tricky. Paying 25,000 Baht for a suit should guarantee that you’re getting a good quality suit, but that’s not necessarily the case unless you know you’re at a trustworthy tailor shop. What can be said, however, is if you find an offer for a 2,000 Baht custom-made suit, then it’s probably not going to be a very good suit.
This list is by no means exhaustive, and you should be wary of different factors and circumstances as well. This is only a general guide. But now that you have a general idea of what to look for in a Bangkok tailor, let us introduce Mister Singh’s Fashion Gallery.
Mister Singh’s Fashion Gallery stands as a distinguished name in Thailand’s tailoring industry, offering an exceptional combination of fine craftsmanship, vast fabric options, and competitive pricing. With decades of expertise, we take pride in our commitment to creating bespoke, high-quality garments. Our skilled artisans provide tailored consultations and offer an extensive range of fabrics and design choices to ensure each garment matches your style and preferences.
So, if you’re seeking a tailor for high quality custom-tailored clothing in Bangkok, choose Mister Singh’s Bangkok tailor shop. Trustworthy, experienced, and committed to delivering exceptional quality, we invite you to embark on this custom-tailored experience with us. Visit our city centre tailor shop, schedule a consultation with us, and experience high quality custom-tailored clothing today.